I really hate my house. No, I don't hate it. I dislike all the problems it has. It was a foreclosure that we bought and fixed up. We had to re-do all the wiring in it and put a whole new A/C unit in it too because someone stripped the house for the copper. But its our home. Twice now, we've had a burning smell coming through the vents. No smoke or fire, just the smell. We check all the rooms, electrical outlets, and the attic. Nothing but the smell! It just scares me because it makes me think of what all I could lose if the house were to catch fire. Risking our lives and our pets lives, but all of our valuables as well. I have a lot of stuff that belonged to my mom before it was given to me, and I couldn't take the thought of it all just burning and being gone. She passed away from cancer back in March of 2003. I just can't imagine what the people dealing with the huge fires that have been going on lately must have felt. So later today I'm going to call our A/C man and get him to check it out, since my guess is its coming from the central unit inside the house. Right now I can still smell the smell, but it has faded some. That or I'm just getting use to the smell. So this girl won't be getting any sleep until I get our A/C man out here or the smell goes away completely.
As for my lifestyle change, I'm doing well! For dinner tonight, hubby and I decided to have Chilis Bar & Grill. Usually I get the quesadilla explosion salad but I checked the calories on the menu online and wow. I'll still get the salad, but not every time anymore. I ended up getting the guiltless grilled salmon with steamed veggies and rice. The meal was only 480 calories for the entire thing and it was so good! I really do recommend trying it, it's great. As for exercise, I've been only doing 30 minutes on the treadmill at night, every night. I feel like I need to start doing more besides just cleaning house and the treadmill, so I'm going to start doing the Wii Fit too. We have a few exercising games that are pretty fun, so I know I'll be able to switch it up and have some fun with it. If I do get tired of it, I can switch it up with workout videos. I just feel like I should do more. (: I really wish I could afford a personal trainer, LOL! But o'well, I can do this! I know I can. It just takes time and a lot of work. I really need to find some motivational things that I can always look at around the house to help keep me going. Constant reminders or something like that.
Well I'm finishing this thing off. I feel like I rambled on a little too much but then again, whats a blog for anyways? Haha.

thats so scary ya'll are smelling smoke but cannot find any. I dont know what i'd do if i lost some of my grandmother's stuff.. i inherited a few of her things when she passed away in 09. As for working out, youre getting more in than I am... walking up my 3 flights is about as much as i get during the week... weekends are the only time i'll have time. so cheers to you maam!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely get that smell checked out ASAP! Good job getting a healthy meal at a restaurant like Chili's. That is some amazing willpower! And like the previous poster said, 30 minutes a day is good, more than most Americans have. Get your endurance up.
ReplyDeleteI talked to my A/C man and he thinks it could've just been the air filter needing to be changed. We keep it changed every month, and when we changed it last night it was very very dirty. Dirtier than usual for just a month so it must have been sucking pretty hard and made the fan hot. So if it happens again I need to call him and he'll come over and check it out.
ReplyDeleteAs far as working out, I'm stepping it up a little and will be posting about it after this comment on my blog. (: Good luck to you ladies!
i just gotta say WTG on looking up the menu options online before going out to eat. That will save your ass more times than you know!! :)
ReplyDelete