Today was great. I woke up feeling more motivated than ever, and didn't even know what to start doing first. I went and weighed myself, which was 238.4 and did my measurements. I went to the kitchen, downed my daily meds and starting looking for breakfast. Normally, I'm not a breakfast eater. I skip breakfast 99% of the time and just easily go on to eat around lunch time. In my case, I knew if I had breakfast I would have to eat light so I don't end up feeling sick since I'm not use to eating that quick. Saying that, I decided to make an egg-white breakfast sandwich and a glass of water.
Flat out slider sandwich bread- 100 calories
Flat out slider sandwich bread- 100 calories
Slice of cheese- 80 calories
Slice of turkey lunch meat-25 calories
2 egg whites with one egg-108 Calories [With 2 egg whites being 17 calories a piece and one whole egg being 74 calories] Total for breakfast: 313 caloriesSure, it doesn't sound like the ultimate breakfast, but it was actually pretty tasty with some of Mrs Dash original seasoning in the egg mix. Knowing now that I needed to do some form of exercise, I decided to go out and wash my husband's work truck for him. Boy, that thing was dirty. I had a good time and it took me a little over an hour of scrubbing and washing the bugs and dirt away. After that, I decided to clean the inside of the truck as well, and that took me another 30 minutes roughly.
By the time lunch rolled around, I actually wasn't hungry. Instead of just shoveling food into my mouth, I took a second to actually see if I was hungry or just wanted something to do. I wasn't hungry so I decided to do laundry and dishes instead. I think that was my first moment of change, right there. I did end up eating a pear and tea so I could keep myself going, and that was around 2pm. Eventually I felt that familiar gurgle that it was time to fix dinner. That's when I became anxious. I'm so new to portion control. I went over and over the calories in all of what I was about to fix, which was spaghetti. I wanted to be able to cook the same thing as always, just a modified version, and a lot less. After getting it set up, just the spaghetti alone with sauce, lean meat, and noodles was 470 calories for 1/4th of the entire meal. I took 2 plates and 2 Tupperware and divided it evenly between the 4 of them. That way, David had lunch tomorrow and so did I. I made a steamer from Green Giant and that was 130 for the entire bag, so David and I split it. Now came the hard part. I love cheese on spaghetti. So I debated on whether adding 130 extra calories or not, but I did with 1/3 cup. So all in all, I think I did well for dinner tonight. Currently, I'm about to get off here and go clean up my house, and then hit the treadmill for at least 30 minutes. My plan is to weigh in every Sunday morning, and redo my measurements once a month. I'll update my ticker at the top once a month as well. Thanks to everyone who started following my blog as of today, I'm so grateful for this! I plan on following all of you as well, and I'm excited to see what tomorrow will bring all of us.

Sounds good. Try and make sure you're getting in at least 1200 calories for the day. A little more is alright but going under that amount isn't all that healthy unless you've got specific doctor's orders. I totally still eat spaghetti too. I tried the wheat noodles but I prefer white so I still eat them. I usually wont add cheese anymore just so i can have more noodles or more meat or something. Plus I've usually already eaten cheese during the day for lunch on a sandwich or string cheese as a snack or whatever, lol.
ReplyDeleteAnother tip is definitely eat breakfast, but try and make it one of your bigger meals of the day because its the first one that fuels you and you can take all day long burning off those calories. If you make dinner your biggest meal of the day it doesnt have near as much time to burn off and so at night time you'll be sitting on a bunch of calories still.
And of course lots of small meals/snacks all through the day every 2-3 hours is even better than just a few big meals every 4-5 hours. This keeps your metabolism going along smoothly and your mind feels like its always eating something so you tend to stay full longer and more satisfied that way.
I love reading about your lifestyle change. I made mine 8 months ago. It's definitely not easy and I still fight urges to over eat. I think you will find counting calories to be a great tool that will help you make you own decisions with portion control. It's all about doing what fits best with your life right now.
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies with the advice. Starting today, I'm eating breakfast every morning. I know it will take time to get use to it, but it'll work itself out. I just hate the nausea that comes with it from eating when I'm use to not. Jenn- I didn't think about eating more calories in the morning instead of night. That makes a lot of sense! Lorrie- I'm so glad you're following my blog. I too have a problem of over-eating as well. I also tend to eat when I'm stressed, upset, or bored. I'm going to be changing that to where I do something over than eat! LOL
ReplyDeleteBreakfast will help you out big time, I eat three meals a day no matter what, for breakfast I typically have a greek yogurt. You will notice a big difference through out hte day if you eat breakfast, you won't eat as much at lunch or dinner plus it just gives you that energy.
ReplyDelete