I had my first weekly weigh in this past Sunday. I started last Sunday at 238.6 and as of Sunday I was 235.2! Its 3 pounds, but you have to start somewhere! But this week I don't think will be as successful. Sunday afternoon I started feeling nauseated and continued to vomit the rest of the evening, which I didn't do any exercising. Then today, I woke up feeling the same way, and just all around cruddy, and I haven't worked out yet. So watch me gain my 3 pounds back. Womp. My nausea is nothing new. I've been "sick" since October 2nd, 2010. I literally just woke up one day and felt like I had a stomach virus with the usual vomiting and stomach pain. I figured it would pass in a day or two. After a week, of keeping nothing down, I finally decided to go see a doctor. I went and she said I just had a stomach virus and that I needed to wait it out. After another week of extreme nausea and vomiting and really bad stomach pain, I went back again. She weighed me and I had lost 10 lbs just that week from being there the week before. Once again, a "stomach virus". I got fed up and chose to get a second opinion. He said I had gastritis and he gave me nausea meds and started me on a antacid. Once I started the antacid, my stomach pain went away but I still had the severe nausea and vomiting. Soon, the nausea meds stopped working and I was stuck vomiting on average 5-8 times a day but mostly just dry heaving for months. I stopped going places, period. I never left my house. I didnt celebrate Christmas or Thanksgiving with my family, birthdays, David and I's wedding Anniversary. Nothing. I couldn't go out because I was too nauseated and continuously dry heaving. I become so depressed, I didn't even want to get out of bed anymore. I cried all the time and just hated my life at that point. I talked to my Aunt one day who said I should get into Baylor's outpatient program. I did all the paperwork and had to wait 2 months for my first free appointment. I was so glad it's free, since I've racked thousands of dollars in ER visits for dehydration and just Dr visits. Once I got there, the doctor told me he had no idea whats wrong with me, so he was sending me to their gastro doctor there, and since it was through the clinic I still didn't have to pay. I've been seeing her since July now. I've recently had a endoscopy and colonoscopy and she said everything looked healthy except that my stomach is inflamed and I have scarring on the inside of my stomach. She still doesn't know whats causing my chronic nausea/vomiting though. So I'm currently doped up on high nausea meds that work amazingly, but I still have my moments where I'll get very sick for a couple of days and then I'll feel okay. My next appointment with her is October 17th and I can only hope we're one day closer to finding my problem and correcting it. Just two weeks ago I found 2 knots at the top of my stomach that wasn't there before. I'm not too sure what they are, but I know I need my doctor to check them out. My blood work has all came back normal, but who knows anymore. I just want to feel NORMAL again. To not worry about having enough nausea meds to make it to freakin' Wal-Mart. I haven't felt like myself in so long, I wouldn't know how to feel if I was cured. I'm worried they'll never figure out whats wrong with me and I'll have to deal with this the rest of my life. I pray all the time that they find the answers so I can finally move on with my life. Until then, I just wait it out.
I'm just a 20 year old girl out to change her life. I'm currently married & living in Mabank, Texas. My blog is about my weight loss journey, with a few rants & raves in between.
Monday, September 19, 2011
First Weigh In & Sickness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great job on your loss, sorry your not feeling good! Hope you get better soon!
ReplyDelete