This past week, I've been sick. Not so much as stomach problems at the moment, but a constant headache and body ache. No fever or chills, I just feel like crap! On top of that, I weighed myself this morning, and I'm back up to 237 lbs. It really upsets me! I haven't been working out because when I try, my head starts pounding. So, I should have guessed a weight gain was coming. I'll get back down though. This is just a minor set back. I haven't been doing this long & since I'm not working out, I'm gaining my weight right back. I kinda feel like the first week was done for nothing though, since I haven't worked out at all this week so far and it takes me back to almost square one. Just please pray for me, I don't want to be so discouraged this soon. That, and to feel better. I don't even want to do my weigh in this Sunday, since it'll be pointless to see my weight back to where I started.
In other news, My glasses come in soon. I'm hoping that will stop my headaches since I'm getting all squinty to see. I know it'll be a different look for me, but I know I need them! David had his contact prescription renewed as well and he actually had to get a lighter prescription. Maybe his eyes are getting better? I hope so. He's about as blind as a bat when he doesn't have his contacts in. He can't drive, work, watch TV or anything without his contacts. It's terrible. I hope our kids don't have his eye sight, haha. Speaking of kids, David and I are taking a break from TTC. We've been trying for almost 3 years now, and haven't had any success. I was diagnosed with PCOS in April 2009. If anyone doesn't know what that is, I recommend googling it. I didn't know what it was until after I was diagnosed and I did research. It does makes me gain weight without my control though. Thats why ladies with PCOS have a hard time losing weight. Our body produces too much sugar. I'm suppose to be on Metformin to help with the symptoms of PCOS and actually help with weight loss but it tends to make people have bad stomach problems that are suppose to go away after a little while. My symptoms never subsided so I quit taking it. One of the best things to control PCOS is a healthy diet and weight loss. So, that's my goal. I know losing weight will help me conceive our child, plus being healthy before I get pregnant is a plus. I took some pictures of myself the other day when I was at David's work. I thought that I had looked "smaller" that day, and decided to take two pictures. Now that I look at it, I look freakin' pregnant. Not the look I was going for, since I'm NOT pregnant. Here they are:
Excuse my face without make up on. I really felt like shit that day, so it very much shows. I was there only to go to my eye doctor appointment, and I didn't even want to go to that since I felt so bad. But anyways, I'm going to get off here. I have such a bad headache right now, which is no surprise. I hope you all are still on track with your weight loss! I plan to get back in my groove as soon as I feel better!



I also have PCOS and am going through the same struggle as you. I have felt like shit the last week or so (I even threw up last night). It will get better! I'm FORCING myself to go to Zumba tonight. Hopefully that'll give me a kick in the pants!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you understand where I am coming from then! A lot of women are either quiet about their PCOS or don't even know they have it. I recommend for every lady to consider getting checked it you have the symptoms!
ReplyDelete